First of all, I like to point out that I recently created a Nexus page for small and work-in-progress mods, so that people can find and access them more easily, as I had only posted them in different forum threads before, like my WIP thread in the Bethesda forums. Most notably, there is a mesh and texture replacer for the guar cart that can be found in various towns throughout the game, and improved models and textures for cavern beams and plants. But there are several more things worth checking out.
In early 2015, I made new meshes for the ebony weapons. The vanilla meshes of this category are particularly problematic in many aspects, so I hope I have been able to improve them in a way that does them justice. However, I have to point out that in order to make a real visible difference and increase the distinction of the weapon set as a whole, I took some liberties with the shapes of some of the weapons, especially the sword blades, which are originally very thick and straight and remind me more of the rubber swords used in live role play than of real weapons with sharp and deadly blades. Now I made them slightly curved and with sharp edges to resemble the appearance of obsidian, which is kind of the real world equivalent of the ebony ore from the elder scrolls games. I hope once I get to making new textures for them I will be able to further enhance that look.
In addition to new meshes for all ebony meshes from the original game and the ebony scimitar from the Tribunal expansion, there is a completely new ebony claymore which can be found in the game by using the included plugin. If you don't want to find it for yourself, there is a special readme which tells the place where you can find it. It can also be used as a replacer for the unique Umbra claymore. The reason why I did not make it that by default is that there already are so many great replacers for Umbra to choose from.
The next mod a mesh and texture replacer for the Kwama eggs and egg sacs. Again I took some liberties with the vanilla design and realized my own vision of them rather than trying to stick to the originals as much as possible. I envisioned them as slimy, organic things, streaked with blood-red veins, so I made the eggs lie on some kind of tentacle pillow. I even added a pulsing animation to them to make them seem alive. This can be seen in the following video, which should be viewed in full screen to see it most clearly:
Then I returned to my plant modding roots by making a new mesh and textures for the fire fern. This is another plant that is not really all that detailed in the original game and that I wanted to improve for quite some time, as I had already done before with the comberry bush and he hackle-lo plant. As with the comberry bush I completely remade mesh and textures for the fire fern from scratch and included a version for the Graphic Herbalism Mod as well as a complementary mesh for the alchemy ingredient which can be harvested from it.
That was it for the moment. If you visit the mods page of this blog, you will notice some additional things, like a new Oblivion mods page and the Morrowind creatures I made together with PeterBitt. I intend to showcase them in individual pages, so they are not mentioned in this one.